Thursday, June 9, 2011

Health Activist Writer's Challenge: Ludicrous Headline or Cure

Day 4  Ludicrous Headline or Cure.  Do a news search and choose a ridiculous headline or proposed cure about your condition and write what you think about it.  Can't find one?  Write your own.


I once had a comment on my YouTube video about fibromyalgia awareness that sunflower seeds are a cure for fibromyalgia.  Yes, I'm serious, someone actually left that as a comment.  They said that sun flower seeds cured their fibromyalgia and it will cure mine.  I have this to say: if sunflowers cure anything, it's a hunger for sunflower seeds!  Fibromyalgia has treatments, but does not have a cure.  I hate that many people in pain are taken advantage of, often by expensive supplement sellers or e-book sellers, that promise to cure fibromyalgia, or any chronic illness.  I have even been desperate enough to try one of these cures, even though I know better.  A person does silly things when they are desperate.  I ended up having a slight allergic reaction to the "medicine."  I also got a one month supply from the "inventor" for a trial basis.  I want to end this post with a warning to anyone who is desperate enough to try a "cure."  There is no cure for fibromyalgia, but there are treatments.  If you decide to try a "cure" anyway, please be careful, check for any allergic reactions you may have, and check with your doctor before starting anything new.  Take care my fellow fibromites!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Questions? Please show class and respect in your comments. All comments are previewed, but anyone can comment. I welcome your comments!