Thursday, February 10, 2011

Good morning!

Healing Yoga for Aches and PainsGood morning dears!  I woke up this morning with the worst pain in my legs.  I've had so much pain in my legs lately.  They are so heavy and painful feeling.  They feel horrible if they are out straight or bent to 90 degrees or more.  I've decided to try to do some yoga today.  I have the video "Healing Yoga for Aches and Pains."  I plan on kicking everyone (except DH) out of the living room today and doing my yoga.  I hope that it will help my leg pain.  I also think that there are a lot of toxins in my legs and a lot of problems with Chronic Myofacial Pain (CMP).  The CMP comes with fibromyalgia and and Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome.  I used a massager for at least fifteen minutes this morning on my legs and it helped a lot.  For the first time I did my knees right and took away pain rather than increased it.  I was very happy with that, as knee pain is a big problem with me.  I started to do my buttocks but I didn't finish because my hand was getting sore from holding the massager.  People seem to forget how many muscles and how strong the muscles are in the buttocks, or the gluteal muscles.  There are three types of gluteal muscles: the gluteus maximus, which is one of the strongest muscles in the human body; gluteus medius muscle; gluteus minimus muscle.  I actually found a website on myofascial pain in the buttock muscles.  I think we need to start giving the buttock muscles the respect they deserve and do our best to strengthen these muscles and to massage.  As silly as it sounds, at night before I go to sleep I use the flat palm of my hand to lightly massage the muscles there.  It helps with sleep.  I also tighten and release the muscles throughout the day.  


Speaking of tightening and releasing muscles throughout the day in the past few years I have had a hard time tightening some muscles and releasing them.  I finally discovered a way to do this.  When I want to release my muscles I have a hard time because they stay tight.  I was thinking about my sister's dog one night and how she could "make herself heavy" if she didn't want to be picked up, by relaxing her muscles.  That's when I realized that I could relax my muscles if I concentrated on "making myself heavy."  However strange it may sound, it did work for me.  Now I can do the tighten and release exercises throughout the day and when I can't sleep at night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Questions? Please show class and respect in your comments. All comments are previewed, but anyone can comment. I welcome your comments!